Thursday, January 6, 2011

Welcome to the Food Safety, Quality and Compliance Blog

I spend 50% of my working life auditing food businesses for compliance against food safety legislation and customer standards like BRC, McDonalds, SQF, WQA. Don't get me started on why there are so many different standards - I will save that for another day.

When I audit, I get asked all these weird and wonderful questions by Quality Assurance Managers and food business owners that the majority of the time I think are pretty straight forward. I think from working in food compliance auditing I automatically assume that everyone knows what I know (because I don't think it is rocket science!). After 18 years doing this gig, I have finally got it that people don't. It is not through lack of intelligence, just lack of time and priority.

I live and breathe this food safety and compliance stuff and I am very very passionate about it. I am also very passionate about trying to help small business to be aware of their business risks in regards to food safety, quality and compliance. So hence starting this blog.

I hope to bring you insight into my world and hopefully you will learn stuff along the way. So without further to do, let's get started on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment